Porcelain Veneers at iHeart Dental
If you feel self-conscious about your smile because of discolored, chipped, or misshapen teeth, dental veneers might be an excellent way to cover those imperfections and drastically improve your smile. Here at iHeart Dental, we’ve enhanced hundreds of smiles using porcelain veneers. These thin tooth coverings are customized to fit snugly over each tooth, resulting in a picture-perfect smile.
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are wafer-thin, tooth-colored shells applied to the front surface of your teeth. They’re specially made to match the natural tooth enamel – the porcelain veneers are thin and translucent, so when light is cast onto the veneer, it appears just as the natural tooth would.
Porcelain Veneer Procedure
The porcelain veneer procedure is an outpatient procedure that can be completed in two to three appointments. Here’s what you can expect:
- Exam, diagnosis, treatment planning: During your first visit, Dr. Misty Seale, DMD, will examine you to determine if you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers and how many veneers you want to have placed. We will evaluate your teeth health and look for signs of gum disease or tooth decay. We’ll use a shade guide to select the perfect shade for your veneers. That way, your dental veneers will look and feel natural.
- Tooth preparation and reshaping: To prepare a tooth for a veneer, we’ll remove a thin layer of enamel from the front of your teeth. This creates space for the veneers so they can sit on top of your teeth and blend in with the rest of your smile. We’ll also take an impression of your teeth and use that to create your porcelain veneers. While your permanent veneers are made, temporary veneers are placed.
- Bonding: Once your veneers are ready, you’ll come back for a final appointment. During the appointment, we’ll evaluate the veneers’ fit, shape, and coloration to make sure they’re a perfect match for you. Next, your tooth will be cleaned, polished, and etched. Etching roughens the tooth, making it easier for the veneer to stick to the tooth. We’ll then use dental cement to bond the veneer to the tooth and use ultraviolet light to harden the cement. Once the veneers are placed, your new smile is ready, and you’re good to go.
A Smile is the Key to Everybody’s Heart
We are dedicated to providing the highest-level dental care in a comfortable and relaxed setting while giving love, compassion, and respect for our patients and their dental needs leading to a healthier smile.
How to Care for Porcelain Veneers
You should take care of your new porcelain veneers the same way you take care of your natural teeth. Be sure to brush twice a day and floss daily to reduce plaque and tartar buildup. Also, be sure to schedule regular dental checkups. Other precautions include:
- Don’t chew on hard objects such as fingernails, pens, or ice.
- If you grind or clench your teeth at night, get a splint or retainer to protect your veneers.
- Don’t use your teeth to open plastic packaging.
- If playing sports, you must wear a mouthguard.
Porcelain Veneer Benefits
Using porcelain veneers to improve your smile offer several benefits, including:
- They look and feel natural: Porcelain veneers are custom made to look and feel like your natural teeth, so unless you told someone you had cosmetic dental work done, they won’t have the slightest idea.
- You can save more enamel: Unlike other treatments such as crowns, porcelain veneers are minimally invasive – we only remove a thin layer of enamel from the front of your teeth.
- Porcelain veneers are incredibly durable: On average, porcelain veneers can last for 10 years, but with good care and maintenance, they can last up to 15 years.
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant: Porcelain veneers are non-porous and can resist permanent stains better than your natural tooth enamel.
Cost of Dental Veneers
Veneers aren’t often covered by insurance, as they’re considered a cosmetic dental procedure. On average, you can expect to pay $925 to $2,500 per tooth.
Transform Your Smile With iHeart Dental’s Porcelain Veneers Today!
There is nothing better than feeling confident about your appearance and knowing your smile looks its very best. Our Rincon, GA dental practice is comfortable and inviting, and our team will make sure you feel at home throughout the process of perfecting your smile with dental veneers. Contact us today to schedule your next appointment.