Botox Therapy in Rincon, GA
Botox therapy continues to be one of the most popular cosmetic treatments in the US, and for a good reason. It can help with fine lines, crow’s feet, forehead wrinkles, and the dreaded “11” lines between each eyebrow. While that is the primary use for Botox, it’s also become a popular treatment for other conditions such as migraines and teeth grinding. For something safe, relatively inexpensive, and requires no recovery time, Botox therapy packs a punch. Read on to learn everything you need to know about Botox treatment in Rincon, GA.
What is Botox?
Botox is a protein made from Botulinum toxin. When used correctly and in small doses, it is safe and has few side effects. Botox works by blocking a signal from the nerve to the targeted muscle that prevents it from contracting.
What Is Botox Treatment Used For?
Smooth out wrinkles: There are two types of wrinkles: dynamic wrinkles and static wrinkles. Dynamic wrinkles are wrinkles caused by muscular movements on the skin over time. These wrinkles disappear and reappear with muscle movements. On the other hand, static wrinkles are wrinkles caused by gravity – they’re always there, no matter what kind of muscle movements or skin treatments you do. Static wrinkles don’t go away, and Botox will not work on them. Cosmetic Botox treatment works on dynamic wrinkles only. Botox treatment is typically administered in the following areas of the face:
- Horizontal creases in the forehead
- Lines at the corners of the mouth
- Cobblestone skin on the chin
- Wrinkles around the nose
- Wrinkles around the eyes, known as crow’s feet
- Wrinkles between the eyebrows, called frown lines, glabellar lines, or elevens
More Botox Treatments
Enhancements such as lip filler and eyebrow lifts: Botox therapy can also be used to enhance body features such as the eyebrows and lips.
TMJ or bruxism treatment: Botox can also treat bruxism and TMJ issues such as clenching and grinding. Studies show that around 90% of TMJ issues are muscular-related. Botox injections for TMJ reduce clenching, and also help with any accompanying tension and aches in your head that you may be experiencing.
Migraine treatment: Botox therapy can also treat migraine headaches. Many headaches are triggered by tense muscles in and around the head and neck. Botox therapy for migraines works by blocking chemicals called neurotransmitters that carry pain signals from your brain. Botox is like a roadblock in that pathway – it stops these chemicals before they get to the nerve endings around your head and neck.
A Smile is the Key to Everybody’s Heart
We are dedicated to providing the highest-level dental care in a comfortable and relaxed setting while giving love, compassion, and respect for our patients and their dental needs leading to a healthier smile.
How Does Botox Therapy Work?
Botox therapy involves non-surgical, in-office treatment at our Rincon, GA practice and requires minimal preparation. If you’re concerned about pain or discomfort, Dr. Misty Seale, DMD, can apply a topical anesthetic or ice to numb the treatment area.
- Exam and treatment planning: When you come in for Botox treatment, we’ll discuss your goals and, after an examination, will be able to assess if those goals are possible. If they are, it’s your lucky day! We will develop a personalized treatment plan that helps you meet your goals.
- Injections: During treatment, the injection sites will be cleaned and marked. Once you are ready, the injections will be performed in various areas of your face or neck to target the desired muscles. Your condition and response to therapy will determine the number of injections, the site of injections, and how often you receive the medication.
- Healing period: There is no downtime or recovery time for Botox therapy – you may resume normal activities immediately. However, we caution our patients not to touch, rub or massage the injected areas after treatment because it can cause the solution to migrate to another area of your face, negatively affecting your results. The Botox protein is very fragile, and it’s crucial to keep your skin cool and away from sunlight and heat for at least 24 hours after receiving Botox therapy.
- Results begin to show in 2 weeks: There’s a delayed onset with Botox therapy because it takes time for the toxin to block off those nerve impulses to the muscles. It can take 3-10 days before effects can begin to manifest, but at iHeart Dental, we advise our patients to wait a full two weeks after their Botox injection and, at that point, if they need an enhancement, we will take care of it.
Side Effects of Botox
Every drug has side effects, and Botox is no exception. Luckily, the side effects of Botox therapy are temporary – they typically go away after a day or two. Other side effects include:
- Temporary mild pain, or bruising at the injection site
- Droopy eyelid eyebrows
- Crooked smile or drooling
- Eye dryness or excessive tearing
Is Botox treatment safe?
According to the American Academy of Facial Esthetics, American Dental Association, and American Osteopathic College of Dermatology, Botox is safe and the FDA has approved it to treat various health issues, including eyelid spasms, excessive sweating, some bladder disorders, and chronic migraines.
How Long Does Botox Last?
Everyone has a unique experience, and results may vary, but generally, Botox lasts 3-4 months. With repeated treatments, the therapeutic effects of Botox begin to last longer. For some patients, it may even last up to 6 months.
Botox Therapy Cost
Botox is an elective procedure and is a procedure not covered by many insurances.
Schedule Your Botox Therapy Appointment Today!
At iHeart Dental, we’re committed to helping our patients in Rincon, GA look and feel their best through dental treatments and Botox therapy. Our Botox treatments are safe, highly effective, and carried out by a qualified and experienced doctor. If you want to learn more or see if you’re a good candidate for Botox therapy, contact us today to schedule a free consultation with our Botox dentist.